During the first trimester my husband and I (and a few others) thought we were going to have a boy. We did the old wives tale to determine the gender: the ring over the belly (that was a flop). and I based my symptoms off of other moms I knew that had boys. Then on July 6th we saw the results, it’s a girl! We both started crying, it was the first time we cried at the doctor’s office since we found out we were pregnant.
- increased appetite (when i wasn’t nauseous)
- cramping in lower abdomen
- slight fatigue
- trouble falling asleep
- strange dreams (which i still have)
- random crying episodes (usually while listening to music)
- shortness of breath
- weird after taste in mouth when eating dairy
my cravings: mostly consisted of items that I enjoyed when I was a child.
- corn dogs with mustard
- anything sour or contained lemon
- mint chocolate chip ice cream
- oriental flavored ramen with egg and spinach (i added the spinach bc of guilt)
- chicken tenders or nuggets
- fruit popsicles
- strawberry poptarts
- hamburger and sweet potato fries
I do not like feeling nauseous but, luckily I puked only once during this pregnancy…fingers crossed. My normal eating habits were thrown off quite a bit. But,I had to eat something…so, I gave in to my cravings. I think that I did pretty good, at least I didn’t cave and make frank and beans or a chili-cheese dog…but, I will admit (even though i feel awful about it) I had McDonalds and Taco Bell more than once (shame). It was so crazy, salads (which are my favorite) sounded awful to me.